IS THIS THE BEST WANTAN MEE IN PJ? Chan SinKee Noodle @ Kota Damansara

 Hey! I am finally back with another food review. Had not tried anything that was interesting enough for me to do a full blog on it. Anyway, my mum and I were searching for places to eat and we specifically wanted noodles. The initial plan was to have Chilli Pan Mee because who would say no to that right?! As we were walking there, this shop next door called Chan SinKee Noodle which was pretty crowded at that moment, caught our attention so we decided to give it a try. Well, I think it's safe to say that this is now my favourite noodle place.
No fancy decorations, just a humble set up. Not sure about you but I personally think that places that are less fancy always serves the best food. Well, most of the time. 

There are 3 sizes of noodles to choose from. We didn't know how small is the small how big is the big portion so we just went for the smallest one which we were really glad we did because the portion is quite big for a small. They have a variety of wan tan noodles and mee pok. I really wanted to try the latter but we thought we would try them another time.
We ordered the Tomato Chilli Red Wantan Mee [RM7.90] which did get a few eyebrow raises from me. Tomato and chilli with wanton noodles?? Really? This was my least favourite out of all 3 mainly because I didn't liked the taste of it which actually reminded me of the olive oil that you dip your bread in at Italian restaurants. It tasted exactly like that! The spiciness is barely there too. But it really depends on personal preference because my mum liked it.
Black Chilli Wantan Mee [S:RM7.90] This one was just alright. Nothing much to shout about. Also, their small portion is just nice for one person. 
This is actually not on the menu but they were on the walls. It's their new dish, Sambal Prawn Wantan Mee. I started out with this which I then realised that it wasn't a good idea because it was really spicy but bearable and it numbed my tongue throughout the whole meal. The chilli paste is not the thick kind and the noodles were just nicely coated once you mix it up. There's also bits of shrimps to chew.
What I really like about their wan tan mee is the noodles itself. It is by far my favourite texture and thickness of wan tan noodles. It is cooked al dente, chewy and addictive. You know how some noodles will just make you want more? This is definitely one of them! The char siews are those typical thinly sliced and dry ones that you'll normally get. If they pay attention to the char siews too, I'm sure this would be the ultimate bowl of wan tan mee.
Every bowl of wan tan mee comes with a bowl of soup with 3 wan tans and 2 fish balls. Let me tell you, it was the best fish ball and wan tan that I've had. The texture of the fish balls were so unexpectedly chewy and bouncy. The wan tan skins are really smooth and are just at the right thickness. Even my mum, which is very particular with wan tans said that it was really good. 

OVERALL VERDICT:

Food: 8/10 (Would prefer to have it with the normal sauce but I'm giving extra points for the noodles, wantans and fish balls)

Price: 8/10 Very affordable with the portion given

Would I Return?: Heck yes!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN