BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN


EAT WHAT LEH?

  I've recently started becoming a vegetarian (literally 6 days ago) and no, it's not because of religious reasons. I'm not sure how long will I be vegetarian for but I would definitely try to stick to it as long as I can. Becoming a vegetarian is not a problem for me because I personally don't really fancy meats. The only problem is when it comes to eating outside. I had been on the internet so much recently, searching for vegetarian restaurants near me and I managed to come across few blogposts that really did helped a lot! This is also one of the reason why I am starting a blog. To help people to search for places to eat! So if you found this post, Ola! Allyna to the rescue! smirks

   I went for a casting at The Vertical (opposite Bangsar South) and decided to go for a quick lunch as there were around 10 people before me. There were many restaurants at Bangsar South but now that I'm a vegetarian, I thought why not give Beyond Veggie a try.

   Growing up, my family and I used to go to Secret Recipe all the time. We even went there for few birthday dinners. My all time favourite kid meal is definitely the mini burgers with round smiley potatoes (It's not on the menu anymore so if you know what I'm talking about, you're the real OG!).

   Anyway,  Beyond Veggie is basically a vegetarian restaurant by Secret Recipe. I'm pretty sure all vegetarians would've heard of this place already. I went there on a Saturday with my mum around 12:30pm and there were no customers at that time (is it just me but I don't feel good when there's no one else around but nontheless, let's not judge the book by it's cover!)

   When my soba came, the first thing I said to my mum was "Wow, that looks really oily!" and it was very oily! Ok. I have so much to say about this dish. First of all, it doesn't have the teriyaki taste at all which was the whole point of the dish. It tasted more of like a hawker stall fried mee..... an oily one. But when I got home and thought about it, this dish was categorised under Asian Wok afterall, so that explains why but then they shouldn't have called it Teriyaki and give a wrong idea to diners.

Oh btw, was required to wear office attire for the casting, hence why the formal look x
Very oily. Came here to have a healthy meal but I don't think I did. This dish left me feeling unwell for the whole afternoon.
  This dish also came with achars, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, crackers, and a vegetarian satay made of monkeyhead mushroom (sauce contains nut!)

   The only thing that I enjoyed was the satay. The texture of it was like an actual chicken that I was confused for a good 5 seconds. Loved it! Achar was okay though I prefer it to be a little bit more sour.
Me and ma mushroom sateeee <3
They look exactly like chicken meat!
   My mum ordered their lunch set. This set came with a free ice lemon tea and it was RM19.90, basically RM1 for the tea (so it's actually not free) because the original price of the rice is RM18.90. This dish came with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, achar, crackers and the satay too! The fried rice tasted way better than the noodles. They are very generous with the veges and petai too. It is not as spicy as it sounds. Just a mild spiciness! Though I wish it has a stronger sambal taste and a little bit more spicy because I love spicy food.
   They have a variety of cakes too but it contains dairy so if you're vegan or is allergic to dairy like me, you might wanna skip the cakes. Some of the cakes are eggless. Price per slice is Rm8.80 whereas a whole cake costs Rm80.

Overall verdict:
Food: Can be improved. 

Price: Rm25 per pax

Would I Return?: Yes, I would love to try their Tofus and Beancurd Roll

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and it may differ to other's.

MENU [all my posts will include the menus bc I know how it's always better if we know the price ;) ]



Question: Have you tried Beyond Veggie? How was your experience there? What are your favourite dishes? Comment below!

Address: Unit 8, Ground Floor, Nexus,, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur       







Comments

  1. It would not be wrong to justify the fact that such a blog enhanced with very potential information about health.
    Apparently, I would like to give an overview of my company. We are KOBEYa, the café and retail store, which has a unique concept that brings joy to gluten free healthy eating.
    Our aim is to serve healthy food that caters to a variety of tastes. As our name suggests, our menu features Kobe Beef, known famously around the world for being the highest quality and healthy red meat.

    Vegan Restaurant Near Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!