Hearty Vegetarian Breakfast Buffet @ Medifood TTDI

EAT WHAT LEH?

  Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I would usually have my regular instant oats topped with fruits but last week, I was being a little extra and had a hearty buffet for breakfast at Medifoods! I went with my dad because he is my "food hunting kaki". To be honest, I wasn't really up for it the night before because we have to wake up early, take the MRT and UBER there (too much hassle for a weekday morning) but I'm really glad I went. Watch the vlog

It's a shop/cafe and they sell plenty of organic products
    Located in TTDI, Medifoods Lifestyle Cafe offers vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian options. They have breakfast buffets daily, starting from 7:30am-10:30am. We reached around 8am on a Wednesday and there were only a few empty tables left.
    Medifoods may not be your typical, Instagram-worthy cafe but I really loved the vibe. (disclaimer: vibe may be different when it's empty as I was there with a crowd) It has this "homey/one community" kinda vibe. The constant chatters amongst the elderlies is somehow comforting. It's also safe to say that I am the youngest there 😂 
 For drinks, there are coffee, tea and plain water. If toasts are your every morning's must-haves, don't worry because they have it here too with a selection of spread (dragonfruit jam, orange jam and kaya). They have a salad corner too with different types of fresh greens including cucumbers, lettuces, shredded carrots and a few more.
Fried rice (they've mixed it with lentils too for the protein!) & Mee Hun which comprises of mushroom, carrot and veges.
Vegetarian Nasi Lemak
Yam Cake & Radish Cake
Ang Ku with Mung Bean filling
Left: Curry for the noodles above. Right: Red Bean Soup
They have porridge too with a variety of toppings (salted egg, mushrooms, beans, peanuts)

IT'S TIME FOR THE FOOD REVIEW!

Dad & I literally took almost the same thing. Which is mine? :P
   Glad that I managed to grab one each of the radish cake & dumpling because they were finishing up really quickly! My favourite has got to be the nasi lemak. A lovely worker told me that they used some sort of oats instead of coconuts for the rice. I didn't quite heard what she said as it was pretty loud in there. Their sambal has a nice balance of tanginess and spiciness to it. The red bean soup however was a let down as it was rather diluted and insipid.  
Only managed to grab one of this Ang Ku
Dad also asked for two soft boiled eggs.
Their curry noodles is lacking of flavour and can definitely be improve. 
     As soon as I've decided to stop taking more food, these goodness were added to the buffet spread! The worker told me that these are actually not on the menu but since the radish cakes and Ang Ku are all finished, they took these brownies out. These are gluten and dairy free! I had 7 of these... oh well. I was also the only one taking them as I'm the only one at the age that doesn't mind having brownies for breakfast 😂 

VERDICT: 

Food: 6/10 (based on buffet dishes)

Price: Cheap. RM16.50 per person (weekdays), RM18.50 per person(weekends). We used the KindMeal.My app and got 30% off so it was only RM12! 

Ambiance: 8/10 (based on breakfast buffet)

Would I Return?: Yes! Would love to go for the buffet during the weekends as they'll have different menus (there's pizza) and to try other dishes on the menu too.

Watch the video here

MENU/PROMOTIONS








Address: 127, Jalan Aminuddin Baki, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN