My 3D2N Chemerong Berembun Lansir Hiking/Camping Experience!!! Terengganu, Malaysia

My first ever (actual) camping experience was nothing but amazing. Swam in a few rivers that are too pretty to be true, stargazed and fell asleep under a sky full of stars and got my shoe stucked in a muddy pool lol! It was definitely an unforgettable experience despite the the tiring and dreadful hiking trails. Anyway, I thought I would do a blog post about my whole experience. I actually vlogged and you can watch it here 

DAY 1

We started off the hike around 9:30am. The first few bits of the trail was just flat and at one point, it was uphill all the way for around 30-40 minutes. 
Our first stop, to rest. 
Placed our bags and hiked a 5-10 minutes trail up to the Chemerong Waterfall which is one of the highest waterfall in Malaysia and Asia. Picture above was taken along the trail because the river water was just too pretty to not have a picture taken 😭
It's just surreal to be standing infront of a waterfall (to me at least)
You can actually go higher and closer to the waterfall but it was a walk on the slippery rocks, which I'm not a big fan of.
The hike after our lunch break was the real deal. Upward trail for almost more than 1 and a half hour. It felt like forever. Took a quick break at Bukit Taubat to catch our breathes. 
Right after Bukit Taubat is another 10-20 minutes of steep trail.

Finally reaching our campsite!

To reach the campsite, we had to cross this log bridge. I low key don't mind jumping into the water after that hike but oh well.
We basically just chilled, lepak, chit-chatted, drank countless cups of coffee and just relaxed for the remaining hours of that day. You can have a more in depth feel of what I did there in the vlog! (setting up the tent, another river, dinner)

DAY 2

I woke up around 5am in the morning because it was really cold (also because I slep early) and honestly, I can never sleep for too long on exciting trips like this! So I went to the kitchen area, watched them prepared dinner in the cold. (watch the vlog) 

We packed our stuffs and started the hike at 9am. The trail to our first stop of the day was my favourite one from the trip. We walked past trees that looked like mangrove trees (i think they are) and it was just really pretty. I didn't take any pictures here.
First stop and definitely another highlight of the trip, Sungai Bangan! Just look at the water. 
It was really deep as well. We spent almost an hour there, resting and lunch break!
The trail after the river was pretty much like this for a good 30 minutes. It was noon time and the weather definitely made the hike a lot more tougher. I remember stopping lots of time for water.
This was our last campsite! The ground here is not flat and there were lots of stems and branches which made sleeping not that comfortable. (picture taken later in the evening after showering)
After setting up the tents and a few more cups of coffee, we then walked for about 7-10 minutes to Jeram Lesung. This place made me realised that nature is just. truly. amazing. See the 'hole' thing on the right picture? There's two of them and this is the smaller one. The other one is bigger and deeper.
We spent hours there playing in the water, taking pictures and just relaxing. It was really pretty and surreal. Those are the only words that I can think of to describe this whole trip. Definitely the best way to end the day after hiking under the hot sun. 
After freshening up, we went back to the campsite and relaxed for a bit. 
Nearby, there is a spot to catch the sunrise. We went there after to just have a look and enjoy the breeze. 
*It's not a river. Just a mini stream*
We woke up around 3am to star gaze. This has to be one of the highlights of the trip. The sky was literally filled with stars. We saw Scorpio and Jupiter (according to an app). Didn't get to see the milkyway with our bare eyes as the moon was still bright but our guide did manage to capture it on his phone. I lied down and eventually fell asleep under the sky of stars by the river. It felt like as though a box is ticked off my to-do list.
Milkyway

DAY 3

Slept for a few hours and woke up again to catch the sunrise at the spot that I mentioned above. Some of them from our group even brought their bunsen burner, cooked maggi cup and made coffee while watching the sky transform itself through various stages.
The trail to Gunung Berembun Peak was one of the most challenging one throughout this trip. It was very steep (almost like rock climbing). There was a rope to help hikers to climb. To be honest, that was one of my favourite climb yet haha.
The last pokok berlubang (direct translation: tree with holes)

So that marks the end of the trip. It was my first camping trip and I can foresee it to be one of my best. I am planning to go again next year. If you have time and would like to watch the vlog,  you can watch it here . But honestly, you should watch it! It's one of my favourite vlog yet.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN