Hits & Misses at Malaysia Boleh! @ Four Seasons Place KL

  I've been to the Malaysia Boleh! food court in Singapore years ago but all that I can remember is that it was quite a hectic dinner, as you would expect from a food court. The rest of the memories are now hazy in the mind.
  If you have not heard of or been to Malaysia Boleh!, it is a food court that houses more than 14 stalls of popular local delicacies from different states. There's Penang Laksa, Pudu Fried Chicken, Klang Bak Kut Teh and the list goes on. This is definitely the perfect food spot for both local and tourists as you can try some of Malaysia's famous delicacies all in one space!                                       
  The Penang Laksa (RM10) was one of the better ones that I've had. The sourness and thickness of the broth was just how I like my laksa to be. This dish just hits all the right spots.
  I'm not a fan of Hokkien mee but the KL Hokkien Mee (RM12) was good. It really was full with "wok hei" which I think is the most important key of a good hokkien mee. The gravy is thick enough, noodles are silky smooth and there are also a good amount of fried pork lard. 
 The Fried Radish Cake (RM8) was just alright. It was mediocre and didn't really stood out to me.
  The Oyster Omelette/ "Oh Chien" (RM12) was another favourite of mine though I only had the eggs. There weren't any pungent taste from the oyster, so you'll still enjoy this even if you don't eat oyster. This gooey omelette tasted even better when paired with the chilli sauce.
  Apparently, this Curry Chicken Noodle (RM9) from Jalan Imbi Ah Yen's stall was many local's favourite spot for curry. I also got to know that they used to serve curry noodles with "liew" (yong tao foo style- fu chock, cockles, stuffed eggplants etc.) and not curry chicken. Anyway, this is a good bowl of curry noodle, however I personally like curries to be thicker. This version may be thick for some, but I would like it to be thicker. Still, it was packed with flavour and paired well with the chilli that came with it.
I don't remember when was the last time I had claypot chicken rice. Back then, my dad always buy back the one in Pudu. When I saw that they have Claypot Chicken Rice (RM10), I knew I have to order it. Sadly, it was quite a let down. The rice didn't really absorb the flavours, hence making this whole dish rather bland. I don't remember tasting any salted fish too which I think is an important topping for CCR.
Their Signature Golden Sand Pau (RM3) sounded really interesting and we all thought that it was "Lao Sha Bao". Turns out, it's just a normal pau with some fillings. You can skip this one.
  Frankly speaking, I was quite sceptical about the Penang Cendol (RM3), but it did not disappoint! It tastes as good as the one I had in Penang.

OVERALL VERDICT

Food: 7/10 (Must try the asam laksa, oh chien,and cendol)

Price: 7/10 (Not bad seeing that it is located right in the city, where mostly everything is expensive)

Would I Return?: Yes, for the cendol and the asam laksa!

[disclaimer: all opinions are my own and may differ from others]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN