Dotty's Pastries & Coffee @ KLCC

  Known for their salted egg yolk cronuts, Dotty's has recently opened a new outlet in KLCC. They have two outlets in Bangsar and one in TTDI, which is the one that I always go to. Seeing that I was really in a sweet tooth mood, I dropped by their new outlet recently and also tried a few dishes that I've not tried before.
Interiors are similar to the other outlets. 
 We ordered their Eggs Benedict with Soft Shell Crab (RM28). Compared to few other cafes that I've been to with similar price range, their egg-ben is relatively smaller. Frankly speaking, I was quite disappointed with the presentation and it's definitely the least appealing egg ben dish I've had. Hollandaise sauce was barely enough which made the whole dish really drying as you can see. 
  We were there around 11am and was told that the pastries will only be ready by 12pm. I wasn't in a rush so I didn't mind waiting but honestly, the preparation speed is just really slow. I ordered their Tuna Melt (RM19) for us to munch on while waiting for the time to past. Fries were nicely done but were too salty. Overall a mediocre dish that I will suggest you to skip.
  Once again, we ordered their Peanut Butter Loaf just for the sake of having something to munch on. This was surprisingly good and the ice-cream really did help to create a good balance, making it not too cloying. The chocolate cake is really rich and it has a dense and firm texture. 
  When the pastries were slowly displayed out one by one, we patiently waited till we got sight of the cronuts! Time past and there were no sign of the cronuts and we were then told that their cronut machines are not working that day. I had no words.
  So, we had the Salted Egg Yolk Croissant. I personally prefer this because I find cronuts very oily. Dotty's is also known to have some of the best croissants in town and I second that. 
The Speculoos croissant was everyone's favourite. Topped with Biscoff biscuits, this croissant is generously filled with Speculoos filling. Caramel-y, cinnamon-y and yummy. Take my advice and don't skip this when you're here! 
Topped with icing sugars and filled with vanilla filling that came oozing out the moment we cut it, the Creme Brûlée donut was another favourite of mine. My favourite part is definitely the crisp top. 

OVERALL VERDICT

Food: 7.5/10 (pastries) 4/10 (main dishes) 

Price: 6/10

Service: It was really slow and we could tell that they were low on staffs but I understand that they are still new so I closed one eye on that.

Would I Return?: I think I'll pass the main dishes and only order pastries during my next visit. 

[disclaimer: all opinions are my own and may vary from other]

Comments

  1. It would not be wrong to justify the fact that such a blog enhanced with very potential information about health.
    Apparently, I would like to give an overview of my company. We are KOBEYa, the café and retail store, which has a unique concept that brings joy to gluten free healthy eating.
    Our aim is to serve healthy food that caters to a variety of tastes. As our name suggests, our menu features Kobe Beef, known famously around the world for being the highest quality and healthy red meat.

    Vegan Restaurant Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting such an instructive article. I really benefited. If you want you can check out my website. It's a popular site for Vegan foods .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN