My Daily Routine During High School & Balancing Between Tuition & School

What time do you sleep? How long do you study? How many hours do you sleep? These are just a few of the many questions that I receive all the time. I recently uploaded a video where I shared about my daily routine during high school that comprises of weekend and weekdays during normal schooling months, during examination months and also on how to juggle between tuition and school. [click here to watch the video]

A lovely viewer suggested for me to write a post about it so that everyone would be able to refer back and digest everything easily so here's the post :) *Do take note that you do not have to follow my schedule exactly and be sure to adjust it according to your own daily activities*

My Daily Routine

[Schooling Months]

1. Weekdays

      If my classes ends at 1:10pm:-
  • 5:30am: Wakes up and head to school
  • 2pm-3pm: Shower, eat, rest (would always take +/- 1 hour of rest)
  • 3pm-6:30pm: Do school works/study
  • 6:30pm-8pm: Dinner break + 2nd rest 
  • 8pm-11pm: Study
  • 11pm-11:30pm: Pack my bag, catch up on social medias, get ready for bed
  • 11:30pm: Sleeeeepppp
     If my classes ends at 2:30pm:-
  • 5:30am: Wakes up and head to school
  • 3pm-4pm: Shower, eat, rest (always must have my 1 hour rest)
  • 4pm-6:30/7pm: Do school works/study
  • 7pm-8pm: Dinner break + 2nd rest
  • 8pm-11pm: Study
  • 11pm-11:30pm: Pack my bag, catch up on social medias, get ready for bed
  • 11:30pm: Sleeeeeepppp
     If I have curriculum activities:-
  • 6:30pm/7pm-11pm: Study
2. Weekends
 
*On weekends, I would sometime start studying only at 3pm. But on certain days, I would start at 9am-10am. Below are just some rough timings.*
  • 7am-7:30am: Wakes up
  • 9am-12pm: Study
  • 12pm-2pm: Rest 
  • 2pm-6pm: Study
  • 6pm-8pm: Dinner + 2nd rest
  • 8pm-11:30pm/12am: Study

[Examination Month]

1. Weekdays 
  • 5am: Wakes up
  • 2pm-2:30pm: Shower, eat, rest (I would then switch off my phone and leave it upstairs)
  • 2:30pm-6pm: Study
  • 6pm-6:30pm: Dinner + rest (sometimes I would study while I eat and take no rest)
  • 6:30pm-11:30pm: Study
* I would only take half an hour of rest
* My phone would be off most of the time
* I would study till later than my normal schooling days

2. Weekends
  • 6:30am-7am: Wakes up
  • 8am-12pm: Study
  • 12pm-1pm: Lunch + rest
  • 1pm-6pm: Study
  • 6pm-7pm: Dinner + rest
  • 7pm-11:30pm/12am: Study
ps: Although my study hours may seem long, I do take in between breaks every now and then. It is actually not as serious as it seems. I would go to the living room, nap, chill awhile, have some snacks, chit chat with my family but never going on my phone because we all know that it'll be very difficult to separate with our phone once we're attach to it.

Balancing Between Tuition and School

I don't go for tuitions because I don't really like studying in a groups and I find tuition centers really distracting. That is why I have to manage my time well as I have to depend on myself. Most of my friends go to tuitions and some even go for tuition every day. I have a question to those that do go for tuitions every day and night. 

Can you cope with the whole "tuition everyday" situation? If the answer is no, then why are you doing that to yourself? Just because you would feel guilty or left out? Just because society thinks that you can only succeed and get good results if you go for tuition? Now I'm not saying that tuitions are bad for you. I'm just asking you to take it slow and don't go too harsh on yourself. 

You might not feel it externally, but internally, your brain might not be able to cope with all that. Don't forget that you still have school works to deal with. I know that this post is really different to the one in my video but honestly, these are my honest thoughts. I know there are many students out there that are stress because of this whole "tuition everyday" thing. 

So if you're in that situation, please do consider to cut down some classes. Not only would you find yourself in a better state of mind and less stressful, you would also be able to have time to do some self studying and know what you're capable of. 

I rely on my school teachers a lot and they've helped me tremendously. They are the only ones that I can go to whenever I have problems with my studies. Trust me, they are always willing and are more than happy to help. Never think that you're disturbing them or whatsoever.

Sorry for that little rant, I thought I would just let that off my chest in this post. I get messages from people, telling me that they do not have time for themselves and are always stressed out because of tuitions. But anyway, I hope you'll find this post helpful. That's all for today x














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN