Nam Chau @ Sunway Nexis, Kota Damansara

 I am constantly searching for new places to eat around Kota Damansara area. Places that serves good food that can fill me up but in a price that will not burn a hole in my pocket. Eating in KD can be a bit tricky as the food here can sometimes be overpriced. 

 Located in Sunway Nexis, Nam Chau is no stranger to all the kopitiam kaki(s) in Ipoh. So if you're having a sudden crave for some white coffee, you don't have to go all the way to Ipoh to have them now!As an "Ipoh Mali" kaki, I had to find out whether does the food here tastes as good and authentic as the one in Ipoh. By the way... I didn't took any pictures of the restaurant :(
I had to try their Ipoh Hor Fun (RM9.90) which arrived less than 5 minutes. The hor fun was silky smooth that it was hard to grip with my chopsticks (a good thing though). I enjoyed the soup a lot that I drank till the last drop! It was sweet and as you can see, there's also the prawn flavoured oil on the surface of the soup. Quite legit lah. Prawns were really juicy and sweet too.
Tried their Dry Curry Mee (RM12.90) the week after as I've heard that Nam Chau's serves the best dry curry mee in Ipoh! The gravy was at the right consistency, not too thick or watery and packed with strong curry spices! I find it a bit salty on my first few bites but not anymore after that. I normally don't eat yellow mee but this time it was exceptional as it goes really well with the curry. However, the char siu was a tad bit dry. It would've score a 10/10 if they also paid close attention to the other ingredients and not just the curry.
Not sure whether was I really hungry or was it really good that I wanted more!
No meal here is complete without having some Ipoh White Coffee (Cold:RM4.30). It was a good cup of white coffee especially in KL, with it being not too sweet and a presence of slight bitter aftertaste. I prefer this than the one I had at Kong Heng Kopitiam in Ipoh which was too sweet for my liking.

OVERALL VERDICT

FOOD: 7/10

PRICE: 7/10 (Although they are basically kopitiam food, you do pay for a more comfortable and air-conditioned surrounding)

WOULD I RETURN?: Yes! An affordable place for good food in Kota Damansara.

[disclaimer: all opinions are my own and may vary from others]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN