Brunch at Birch @ DC Mall

Follow my food account @fixingcravings on IG for daily food reviews!

  Brunch is my favourite meal of the day and I knew that I have to make another trip to Birch to try their brunch menu after the amazing dinner that I had last month. [click here for the dinner menu review] Birch is now my favourite eatery in KL. Everything from the interior, ambience, and most importantly the food always makes me want to return again!
  Birch Benedict [RM26] that consists of spicy pulled chicken, barbecue sauce, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce on toasted sourdough with salad on the side. From my observance, it's a dish that did not fail to appear on every table during the brunch hours and I can definitely tell why. If you never thought that barbecue sauce and hollandaise sauce can go well together, Birch will proof you wrong! Watch me take my first bite + reaction here [20:29]

  This was lip smacking good and easily one of the best egg benedict I had so far! The meat were really soft and tender and the sweetness from the barbeque sauce tied this whole dish together really well. We ordered this to share but I ended up eating 90% of it and craved for it for the next 2 days. Definitely try this!
  It was raining that morning and was quite cold in Birch, so I thought it would be the perfect timing to order their Japanese Miso Porridge [RM36] - cured salmon, crab meat, braised shimeji mushroom, pumpkin, togarashi. Rich of seafood flavours, a real hit for seafood lovers.
  However, the Lemon Ricotta Hotcakes (RM26) was alright but not as anticipated. Not only were the hotcakes slightly burnt at some parts, they were also really dry and the maple syrup given weren't enough. Additional maple syrup will be charge RM6. 
 The Brulee French Toast (RM26) was another favourite aside from the Birch Benedict. Made of brioche, dulce de leche, charred pear, white coffee crumbs and vanilla ice-cream. Dulce de leche is basically caramel sauce that is made with a base of milk while the usual caramel is made with a base of water. Soft and fluffy, the still piping hot brioche went really well with the ice cream. Love me a good combo of hot and cold food! Definitely a must order for sweet tooth  like myself.

OVERALL VERDICT: 

Food: 8/10 

Price: 7/10 I find the prices here are on the steeper side at first but seeing that the portion, food quality and ambience that you get, it is definitely worth every penny

Service: It was quite difficult to get the staffs to notice me and it does get rather frustrating at times.

Ambience: Love the concept and interiors of the space that really channels a green house vibe.

Would I Return?: Yes! We even booked a table for my mum's table in September!So stay tuned on another review on their lunch menu hehe 

[disclaimer: all opinions are my own and may vary from others]


For reviews/food tasting, kindly e-mail me at allynalynn@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN