Sushi Zento @ Sri Petaling

Sri Petaling is now my go-to place for when I have no idea what to eat as they have a long list of cafes, restaurants, bakeries etc. If you're familiar with this area, then you probably would have seen this Japanese restaurant called Sushi Zento as it is hard to miss. You'll feel like you're at one of the streets in Tokyo just by looking at it. 
They really go all out at the interiors. Every corner is brightly lighten. They use a lot of woodwhich makes this whole place very earthy. I personally think that there are too much going on at the first floor as the counter, kitchen, conveyer belt are happening all at once. Plus, the tables downstairs are really close. 

We chose to seat upstairs (right picture) as it was quieter and there were no customers seeing that it was on a weekday. The layout upstairs is spacious and they have private rooms too.
Tempura Udon (RM20.70) was alright though I find it slightly expensive. Overall, this dish is what it is and there's nothing much to shout about. Udons are cooked al dente and tempuras are nicely fried.
Mum ordered Mabo Shirataki (RM15) as it sounded really interesting. Stir-fried Yam noodles with spicy meat sauce and it really does live up to it's name as it was very, very spicy. This is more like a Sze Chuan style dish as it's really bland tasting that all I could taste is  just the spiciness. I don't think this dish fits in the Japanese cuisine at all hence why I think you should skip this dish.
Shake Yaki Meshi (RM10.30), which is basically salmon fried rice is everyone's favourite that night as it is full of "wok hei".
Gyoza (Left) and Sweet Potato Tempura (RM10.30). Nothing much to shout about.
Saba Shioyaki (RM16)
If you're a fish lover like me, order this! I literally ate 97% of it. It's at the right amount of saltiness, meat is really tender and the bones are soft, so you can still talk while eating! They do Saba Teriyaki too. 

PariPari Unagi Maki (RM33) consists of avocado, tempura fritters, cucumber topped with grilled eel. I love the crunchiness that the tempura and cucumber gives, making the roll not so flat textured. I can't give much comment on this as I was too busy gobbling it up without taking my time to really observe and taste it. 


OVERALL VERDICT: 

FOOD: 5.5/10 (Nothing special but they do have a variety so maybe I should try them next)

PRICE: 5.5/10 (Slightly pricey)

AMBIENCE: 7/10 ( Loved the second floor and it wasn't that loud too when we were there)

WOULD I RETURN?: Maybe? But I don't see myself coming here any time soon.

[disclamier: all opinions are my own and may differ from others]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN