Mak's Chee Authentic Wonton Noodle @ Midvalley

 Wonton Mee is always my go-to choice whenever I eat at kopitiams. It's quick, simple and nice. Mak's Chee is one of Hong Kong's famous eateries so when I heard that they had recently opened an outlet in Midvalley, I was beyond excited. My expectations were really high as I've read good reviews about it. My friend and I went there around 6:30pm and to be honest, I wasn't expecting to wait in a queue so when I did, my expectations got even higher. We waited around 10 minutes before being seated. 

 All the noodles here comes in either small or large. We didn't know how big is the portion for large so we went for the small. When it comes to wonton mee, I prefer eating the dry version as I love the sweetness from the oyster sauce.
 I had the Wonton Dry Noodle with Prawn Roe [S:RM14.90] that comes with wonton hidden at the bottom. I've not tasted prawn roe before so I didn't know what to expect. I find the noodles really dry that they are all clumped up together. I can literally lift the whole pile of noodles just in one chopstick lift. 

 Noodles were thin and chewy. I prefer my wonton noodles to be slightly thicker and smoother aka the Malaysian way. However, the wonton deserves an applause. Juicy and sweet prawn wrapped in silky smooth wonton wrapper. 
 My friend went for the Wonton and Beef Tendon Soup Noodle [S:RM14.90]. The soup was very flavourful. I'm sure that I would've enjoyed the soup version more even though I only had a sip.
My friend also prefers the soup version over the dry one.
 Their Deep Fried Wonton and Dumpling [4+2:RM16.90] which I think it's overpriced was just alright. I only had one of the dumpling as I'm not a fan of deep fried stuffs. 
 Although I've not tried the milk teas in Hong Kong which I regretted for not doing so when we were there earlier this year, I find their Champion Milk Tea [RM5.90] just passable. It's almost tasteless and it's not too sweet, which I was really glad about but there really isn't anything to shout about.

 To summarise, I wasn't satisfied with the portion of my noodles with the given price. Our bill came around RM60 which is quite expensive for some street food dishes. But the fact that it's in a mall and you have air-conditioners and comfortable seats, it does make up to it. Still, I think I'll still stick to my usual wonton mee at my regular kopitiam that costs half the price and suits my tastebuds more.

OVERALL VERDICT:

FOOD: 5/10

PRICE: 6/10

AMBIENCE: 7/10

WOULD I RETURN?: Hmm... maybe just once more, to try the wonton noodle soup and that'll be it.

[disclaimer: all opinions are my own and may vary from others]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN