Breakfast at Paul Bakery @ Pavillion KL

Follow my new food account @fixingcravings on IG for more daily food reviews!
A French chain of bakery/cafe, Paul Bakery is no stranger to all those pastries lovers out there! I've lost count of the number of times I've walked pass it, staring at those yummy desserts and pastries. I was very excited when my uncle wanted to have breakfast there last week.

Paul in Pavillion has a total of 3 sections. There's one where it's the take-away style, the middle section is the more casual seating area, and the other one is more like a restaurant seating. We were there around 10:15am and the "casual seating area" was already almost full. 
I went for the typical breakfast choice, Eggs Benedict (RM27) that comes with 2 poached eggs on a bed of turkey ham, fresh spinach, radish and toasted brioche topped with Hollandaise sauce. Taste wise, quite authentic. Not too sure about the fresh spinach used as they are quite hard to get hold of and it does make quite a mess so I kept a tissue in hand the whole time.
Their Croque Monsieur (RM33) was my favourite. It is basically ham and cheese sandwich that is originated in French cafes as a quick snack. This was by far the best ham and cheese sandwich I've ever had. Turkey ham, emmental cheese and bechamel (white sauce) sandwiched between pain de mie. The Swiss cheese was absolutely dreamy and made every mouthful memorable. Although the price is on the steeper side, I don't mind paying for it as it's the closest I could get to France. 
I don't normally order hot chocolates but seeing that I'm in Paul, I might as well go for it. Using their very own blend of hot chocolate, Paul's Hot Chocolate (RM14.90) is topped with chantilly (whipped cream). Thick, rich, creamy, chocolate-y are the words that ran around in my head when I took a sip. Another "must try"!
French Toast [RM19] Toasted brioche topped with powdered sugar served with strawberry, blueberry ,gooseberry and maple syrup.
 Apple Tart
Eclair Rose Lychee (RM17.80) was alright but doesn't gives the Wow factor. 
Had a tough time deciding which tartlet to go for and I ended up ordering the Lemon tartlet [RM14.80] as I have a thing for all things citrusy. It might be quite cloying towards the end if you don't share this as it is quite sweet. The crust of a tart should be cookie-like texture and not flaky, and they did it right at Paul.

OVERALL VERDICT:

FOOD: [6/10] They were alright but I feel like there are so many more French dishes that I have yet to try at Paul's to fully get a taste of France.

PRICE: 6/10

WOULD I RETURN?: Yes, I'm craving for the Croque Monsieur and I would love to try more dishes next!

[disclaimer: all opinions are my own and may differ from others]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN