Brunch at Wizards At Tribeca @ Imbi

Follow my food account @fixingcravings on IG for daily food reviews!
I've had been seeing pictures and reviews of this place all over the internet recently and was curious as to what is all the hype about, that I decided to pay a visit and see for myself. From the same team behind The Red BeanBag and Yellow Brick Road (which I've not been to), Wizards at Tribeca is a newly opened restaurant this year.
We reached there just past noon on a Sunday, and there were already few groups of people queueing up. Seeing that there are still quite a few tables that haven't been serve and there are a few groups queueing before me, I was already planning to leave. (I'm impatient haha) But thankfully, we didn't had to wait long. You really have to avoid lunch hours during the weekends! 
The colour palette used for the interior creates a tropical vibe and the light fixtures, which I think is the statement of this space looks interesting. In all the pictures that I've seen people posting, Wizards looks brightly lighten up by the natural light. But it really isn't that bright in person. Maybe it was just my luck that it was gloomy that day but, I don't think so.
I dropped the tomato on the menu hence why that orange stain... sorry Wizards :( 
I normally wouldn't eat such pricey food (student k), but the items on their menu really did caught my eyes. The pricing is definitely on the steeper side and is not ideal for students like myself. That is why I decided to go check it out and recommend what you should and should not order. 
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger (RM28)
A crispy buttermilk fried chicken, slices of fresh cucumber and tomatoes, cabbage with Kimchi dressing and mango relish, sandwiched between two buttery bun that has a hint of mild sweetness to it served with a side of fries. I only tried a bit of the chicken and was expecting it to be drenched in buttermilk sauce but sadly, no.  Fries were alright though I find them almost similar to McDonald's ones. (Taste and look wise) Is that a good thing? You decide for yourself *winks* . You'll find yourself reaching for water a lot throughout your meal as this was a rather drying dish. They didn't even give sauce for the fries.
Taro Mish Mash (RM28)
Sourdoughs topped with a layer of yam mash, poached eggs, avocado pesto, tomato salsa and feta cheese. They really do put in effort in the food presentation, making it very Instagrammable. Taste wise, I think it could use a bit more pesto as I could only taste the pesto at my first two bites. I also find this dish rather one-dimensional tasting and the tomato salsa is the saviour of the dish by giving it a bit of flavour. If I ate it with my eyes closed, I wouldn't know that the yam mash was even there.

OVERALL VERDICT

FOOD: 5.5/10 (Maybe I ordered the wrong dishes)

PRICE: 6/10 You do pay for the ingredients that you're getting, interiors for that IG shot and Instagram-worthy food for that flat lay.

AMBIENCE: 7/10

WOULD I RETURN?: Yes, I wanted to try their Unagi Benedict,(new dish!) but they ran out of brioche (I was actually really upset haha) so I'm definitely coming back for that. I think I'll only come here once in a blue moon, whenever I'm feeling fancy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Eating Suki-Ya As A Vegetarian Worth It?

Newly Opened Starbucks Reserve @ Four Seasons Place, KLCC!

BEYOND VEGGIE by SECRET RECIPE @ BANGSAR SOUTH l VEGETARIAN